CARING FOR YOUR CANDLES
For optimal burning, we recommend a minimum burning time of 2-3 hours, and no longer than 4 hours. As for wood wicks, there is no need to trim the wick with every use, but it is a good idea to trim it occasionally. Remember to also protect the surface on which the candle sits.
Before letting the light in
- Keep the wax pool free of any debris at all times.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Avoid drafts, vents, or air currents.
While the flame is alive
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping. If you are going to leave the room or go to bed, be sure to extinguish all candles first.
- Try not to move a burning candle.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Before relighting, let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
When the lights are out
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish candles when possible –NEVER use water on a candle in a glass container!
- Before leaving the room, make sure your candle is completely out.
- Do not touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.